Monday, 26 August 2013

REVIEW: Imagined Love by Diamond Drake

I received this book free courtesy of the author

Finished: August 25, 2013
Rating: 4 stars

*The Book
This is book 1 in the series.
Willa Caldwell jumps in and out of her volatile and sometimes violent marriage seemingly unaware of the affects her actions have on daughter Jade. Lonely and insecure, Jade often falls prey to those eager to take advantage of her desperate need for love and acceptance. And both she and Willa endure heartache at the hands of those who claim to love them most.

As a young adult Jade decides to leave her hometown of Gary, IN, as well as the pain of her past to start anew in sunny California. Sadly, things don't go as hoped and she's left wondering if she'll ever experience real love or if it will always be . . . Imagined Love.

My Opinion
I really struggled with rating the book. I was trying to decide between 3 and 4 stars.

I didn't looove this book but I enjoyed it and I understood what the author was trying to pass across.

There were a lot of twists and turns but not so much that it became annoying. This book was very emotional. There were funny moments, sad moments, happy ones, annoying, jaw dropping and sappy ones.

The characters were real. The storyline and plot were on point.

I think a major thing that worked for the book was how relatable and real it was. It's something that most of the targeted audience can relate to. How people (women especially) put up with sh*t that they don't have to.

Get it on
Amazon
BN.com
Kobo
Sony Bookstore

*book description from goodreads

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the review. I really appreciate you taking the time to read Imagined Love.

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy