Tuesday, 3 September 2013

REVIEW: Won't Last Long by Heidi Joy Tretheway

I received a free copy courtesy of the author.

Finished: September 03, 2013
Rating: 3.5 stars

“Now do you believe me? I’ll take you any way I can get you,” Joshua said, rubbing Melina’s hair and limbs to dry them. “You don’t have to be perfect for me. Just be you.”

The Book
242 pages
ebook (mobi)

Can two people who are totally wrong for each other ever be right?
Opposites attract—but friends think Melina and Joshua can’t possibly last. When crisis throws their world off its axis, Melina must confront her childhood family, the people she’s come to care about, and the destruction of her pristine image.

"... I guess what I’m trying to say is that dating you is good. It’s unpredictable and exciting and it makes me happy. You make me happy. And I’m wondering if you feel the same way, if you want to keep dating me. Just me. As my girlfriend.”

My Opinion
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Where do I start. I love love love it.

The story, the characters (even Aussie the dog), the writing... everything!!

Joshua is the sweetest book boyfriend ever and I like Melina.

How do you explain someone like Joshua? He’s challenging. He’s confident but not cocky. He’s genuinely nice, and about as far as you can get from the stuffed-shirt bar guys. He doesn’t care what other people think of him.
“He’s authentic,” Melina said finally, settling on a word that made sense to her.

I just love everything about the book. It's quick and easy.

When they both finally admitted to their attraction, I thought that would be all. But the story went on and it wasn't in an annoying way. I don't want to put spoilers so I'll just say that it has a little more depth than the boy meets girl, they go out and they live happily ever after. 

It's a great read.

Recommended: to YA, NA romance fans.

You can get it from
Abe Books
Amazon
BN.com
Book Depository
Indie Bound

*Blurb from book
**Picture from goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy