Friday, 13 September 2013

In The News: J.K. Rowling To Write 'Harry Potter' Spin-off For Warner Bros

Warner Brothers and author J.K Rowling have announced a new Harry Potter spin-off movie series based on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

According to Rowling, "The new movie series is "neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world,"

Warner Brothers explained that Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will focus on an original story and will be the first in a new film series. The movies will mark Rowling's first foray into screenwriting.
The series will focus on the character Newt Scamander, the fictional author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them -- which was a book referenced by characters in the Harry Potter series.

--from examiner.com

Are we excited or no. I don't know how I feel about this.
I've seen all the Harry Potter movies but I have read only one of the books and I can't remember which because it was such a long time ago.
I tried to get all the books in the series but the prices were too high.

Will there be books for the new series?

What do you think?

**image from Google search

2 comments:

  1. This could be an amazing thing, or it could sink. I'm not sure which, but I hope it'll be good! I think I'll miss the old gang though, because I doubt that Harry and everyone will be in it. They'll probably have all new people.

    Amber @ My Bookshelf Is Hungry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Harry and the gang will be in it. Because she sa that it's about life before Harry. Kind of like a sequeld .

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy