Saturday, 31 August 2013

REVIEW: The Divine Dantes: Squirt Guns In Hades by Andrew Barger

Received free courtesy of the author

Finished: August 31, 2013
Rating: 3 stars

*The Book
If "The Divine Comedy" and "Catcher in the Rye" had a love child, "The Divine Dantes: Squirt Guns in Hades" would be it. The novel is the first in a trilogy of laugh-out-loud books paralleling Dante Alighieri's classic poem, "The Divine Comedy," where the characters of The Inferno are encountered in modern times with surprising results.
At the center is Eddie, a young rocker who is heartbroken after his girlfriend, Beatrice, leaves for Venice. This not only ends their relationship, but also the world's greatest two- person rock band. At Beatrice's request, Virgil-their erstwhile manager-cum-travel-agent guides Eddie to Europe to meet her without Eddie being in on the secret.
Will Eddie want to see Beatrice? Will the band get back together? And if it does, can Eddie settle on a name for it?
Read this literary, rock, love story today!

My Opinion
The first 90(or so) pages of this book were bad. I had to drag myself through them. I was going to rate it 1.5 stars.

I decided to give the book a chance and kept on reading. It became better (thank God).

I started to like Edward just a liiiitle bit. Virgil is just a loveable but quiet character. I really want to know more about Bea.

Like I said, the book got better and then it just ended. I was annoyed(in a good way) that it just ended. You know how you're eating delicious ice cream from the tub and it just finishes and you weren't expecting it to. Yeah. That's how I feel.
It left me wanting more. Which is why I'm interested in reading the next book.

Get it on
Amazon
BN.com
Books A Million
Google Books
iTunes
Kobo
Rakuten
Smashwords
Sony Bookstore
WaterStones

*blurb from goodreads
**image from AndrewBarger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy