Friday, 2 August 2013

REVIEW: Angel Killer by P.J. Nunn

THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

Received a free copy from the author

Read: July 30, 2013 to August 1, 2013
Rating: 4 stars

The Book
This is book 1 in the Shari Markham Mystery series.

Two bodies have been found. One boy and one girl. The girl has been identified and there is no identification on the boy. Luke, an FBI agent is called in to help the DPD solve the case. A number of bodies turn up across state lines and then things become more intense when Shari -a profiler for the DPD- and her family are threatened by the killer.

My Opinion
It was an interesting and well written book. I liked the characters. There was enough suspense to keep you on the edge and there was also enough romance as relief. The story had a great plot and it's progression was good.

I didn't like that I couldn't play investigator and have people as suspects and try to eliminate them and there were some things that didn't gel in my opinion.

SPOILERS

Like how old was Shari when she married and had her kids and when her husband died. I think it would have worked better if Angel was her niece and not her granddaughter. I don't know. Shari's age just bugged me. How old is Frank that his daughter is not too young for Luke to be in a relationship with and Luke has known him for 20 years. I think he'd be retired.

P.S.
I searched everywhere for links to get the book. I didn't find anything :(

2 comments:

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy