Tuesday, 3 December 2013

How Do You Handle DNF?

Hello again guys and gals. Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls.



I am faced with a dilemma and I don't know what to do. So I have come to you; my readers and fellow book bloggers for advice.

Up until Anna Karenina (I'm still on page 30 or so), there was no book I'd ever read that I didn't finish. Once in a while, a book had come to try to change it but none succeeded. (Until Anna Karenina)

Most book bloggers have loads of books to review in limited time so they'd rather not finish a book than waste time on it.

There's a book I'm currently reading that I am inclined to rate as DNF. It's a book I got from the author for review.

I don't know what to do. Is there an unwritten rule that I don't know about? Must I finish the book because it's an R2R? Can I write a review even though I didn't finish it?

I've read a lot of terribly written books lately and I don't think my heart can take one more terrible book.

The reason I always finished books is that I always want to know how books end. If I don't know, I won't rest. The characters will haunt my dreams and I'll see the book in everything.

So how do you deal with books you DNF? Especially when they're gotten from authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy