Saturday, 19 October 2013

Blogger Interview: Kaitlin of Reading Is My Treasure

Tell us a little bit about yourself
I’m a bookaholic with an overflowing bookshelf and a passion for young adult books. I can never come up with anything good to say in introductions.
You’ll learn more about me in the rest of the interview!

Why did you start blogging? Why do you continue to do it? How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in June of this year because I wanted to have somewhere to post my reviews where people would actually read them and leave comments. I also wanted to improve my review writing.
I still blog because it’s fun. It’s an outlet for me to use to share my thoughts. I love the people in the blogosphere, too. :)

Why do you review?
I started to review books because I noticed that when I ask someone about a book or vice versa, the common response is along the lines of “it was very good,” or “eh, it was okay.” I wanted to give more detailed reasons why I recommend reading a certain book. I also wanted a way to better remember what happens in books by writing down the reasons why I did or didn’t like it.

Are you influenced by other reviews when choosing a book?
Yes, definitely. Actually, they influence me more than book descriptions because I find myself only skimming those.
Reading someone else’s thoughts on a book, and what the world is like, how the characters are, how entertaining the book is, gives me much more insight on what the book is like on the inside, past the cover and description.

What are your other favorite things to do, other than reading and blogging?
I love playing cards, like rummy, speed, crazy eights, idiot, war, and others.

What’s one thing that not many people know about you
Most people offline don’t know I review books. And most people online don’t know what I look like because I hate putting pictures of myself online.

What do you think will be the next big change in the book industry?
Honestly, I have no idea. I probably won’t see it coming.

Where were you born and where do you call home?
I was born in the same place (city, not house) I call home, which is in Oregon. :)

What do you think about book trailers? I don’t have much of an opinion on them. I’ve only seen a handful of them, but I guess they’re a nice promotion method and treat for those who do like watching the trailers.

What are your opinions on authors commenting on reviews of their books
I think it’s better if they don’t comment on them because reviews are targeted (at least, mine are) towards fellow readers, not the authors.

Have you written a book or are you planning to in the future?
I don’t actually like writing very much, so at this moment, I’m pretty sure I won’t write any books.

Is there a particular movie or TV series that you preferred over the book version?
I loved How to Deal with Mandy Moore in it, but I didn't like the two books it was based on ( That Summer and Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen) nearly as much.

5 things you can't leave home without
School bag/purse, phone, IPod & headphones, hair ties, and a good attitude (well, at least one that isn’t bad).

How many books do you read in a month on average?
Depending on how much schoolwork I have to do, I can most likely finish six to ten books. During the summer though, I read a lot more.

What book are you currently reading? TBR?
My TBR pile is huge, but some of the ones high up on it are Sia by Josh Grayson, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, The Liberator by Victoria Scott, and Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock.
I just finished The Eternity Cure (which was great) and I’ve started Damselfly by Jennie Bates Bozic.

If you could have dinner with anyone, past or present, fictional or real, who would it be? why?
Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief, but an older version of her after the war ends.
It would be amazing to hear her tell her story of what happened.

You will be stranded on a deserted island and. bring 3 luxury items.
A nice comfy bed, a few super soft pillows (are those even luxury items?), and Hermione’s handbag with the charm on it. Wait, is that cheating?

Random
Fave TV show? movie? - Supernatural (but I’m way behind in watching it) is one of my favorite tv shows, and for movies, Remember Me and Les Miserables are what I think of first. They are so good!
Fave colour - Purple
Coffee or tea - Tea
Fave dessert - Angel food cake
Fave Name - I really like my own. When it’s spelled correctly.
Vanilla or chocolate - Chocolate
Sound you hate - my dad’s yawn. It’s this really annoying yodeling sound. It's like the sounds of birds in the morning.
Fave Word - Hmm. . . *picks random word that I really like* Cantankerous. I’m not really sure why I like it. I think it’s the “k.”
Least fave word - Loins. It just reminds me of really bad poetry or really awful and corny scenes.

Find Kaitlin
Reading Is My Treasure Blog
Her Goodreads page
Twitter: @KaitlinS16
Pinterest: KaitlinS16

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for being a part of the October feature special

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think? Please leave a comment. Comments make me happy